Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Marvel '78: Mixtape '78

The following is a post from my D&D blog, Rogues and Reavers, and many of the ideas laid out here will act as the foundation for this blog and its associated campaign, Marvel '84. I'll be tweaking these ideas to fit my current whims (which will be detailed in upcoming posts).

One thing that I love about New York in the late '70s and early '80s is the incredible diversity of music that emerges during this period. NY Punk, No Wave, Post-Disco, Latin Freestyle, Salsa, Electro, Rap, Garage and Dance-Punk all emerge from a fusion of cultures emerging at places like the Mudd Club, Paradise Garage and the Danceteria.

To get a taste of New York music during that era, here is a mixtape that I made for you.

Oh, and some pictures:







No comments:

Post a Comment